Each month, all over Africa, various ministries are praying for the Navigators work in different countries. This month, the spotlight is on Zimbabwe. The leadership team and various ministries generated a prayer list with specific needs for the ministry. Take a look at the July Prayer Guide and join us as we pray for the Zim ministry this month.
In 1984, Mark Lewis pioneered the work in Zimbabwe. Today, NavZim ministry has impacted many families and young people through the various ministries such as Students Ministry (mainly on university campuses), Couples ministry & Church discipleship ministry. The current country leaders are Phibion & Mary Gwatidzo.
- We thank God for the opportunity that our full time staff had in February to attend a Ministry Partnership Development School earlier alongside the Zambia and Malawi teams.
- We praise God for the 5 trainees who are currently completing their training program and transitioning into full time staff.
- We thank God for Humphrey and Mercy who followed God’s leading to pioneer a ministry in Bulawayo, 5 hours from the capital city.
- We thank God for a successful weekend retreat that encouraged 30 students from our various campuses this past June
- We are praying for God to raise partners to support the trainees as they transition into full time staff in the coming months
- Please pray for the wellbeing of the staff being deployed to other cities
- Pray for the registration processes happening at various new campuses (National University of Science and Technology in Bulawayo, Midlands State University in Gweru, Africa University in Mutare)
- Pray for more students to commit to discipleship, grow spiritually, stand firm and be deeply rooted in Christ (Col. 2:6-7)
- Pray that our key students may catch the vision of disciple-making and that we will see them take small steps toward becoming labourers.
- Pray for our Campus Team Staff: that they may walk closely with God, being attentive to His voice and leading.
- Pray for our Graduates (Student Ministry Alumnis) to stay encouraged, rooted in the Word and for God to open doors for them to share Christ in the marketplace.
- One of our trainees, Dr Surprise Mandinyenya is moving to Zurich to do his Phd. Please pray that he will be able connect with the Navigators in Zurich and begin to minister to students at the university.
- We are believing God for a missional community in Bulawayo that will involve Navigators from previous years
- We are believing God for a missional community in Gweru where Defence and Mary will move to beginning of July.
- Please pray for Defence and Mary to settle in well, find good accommodation and a good church
- We are believing God for a missional community to emerge in Mutare where Cephas has been deployed. Please pray that his wife, Norma will be able to find work in the same city so that they can be reunited as a family.
- We are believing God to raise a labourer who will be willing to pioneer work in Masvingo.
- Pray that God may raise ministry partners who will giving faithfully and consistently to the Zim Navigators administrative office
- Pray for the staff team to remain encouraged to serve God and fundraise even in the midst of a difficult economic environment